Welcome to Finance and Operations
The finance department is responsible for overseeing all fiscal operations of the district through five separate operating funds: General Fund, Capital Projects Fund, Debt Service Fund, ASB, and Transportation Vehicle Fund.
We work to maximize the resources available in support of student achievement while supporting our District's Mission, Vision, Strategic Directions, and Goals.
The department staff provides accounting, budgeting, enrollment reporting, payroll, purchasing, accounts receivable and payable services. Supervision for the following departments; Facilities, Food Service, Transportation, Capital Projects, and Print Shop are also the responsibility of the Executive Director and Finance & Operations.
F-195 DRAFT Budget
The draft 2017-2018 F-195 has been submitted to the Northwest ESD for review. This is a first step in the budget process. Edits will be made prior to action by the Board of Directors on August 21, 2017, and final submission to the State.
The Marysville School District has adopted Budget Standards to use as values to frame and guide budget deliberations.
The Budget Standards will be used by the Board of Directors for the development of the annual budget and/or when other district budgetary decisions are considered.
Values to Frame and Guide Budget Deliberations
- Ensure a safe learning and working environment for students and staff
- Value the education of the ‘whole child’ and seek equity over equality
- Focus financial and human resources on programs and policies that directly support the district’s Mission and Vision, Strategic Directions, and the North Star Indicators Strive for the 75th percentile in pay for all groups using a defined list of comparator* districts
- Ensure that budget decisions are student-focused, practical, sustainable, and timely Honor the taxpayer’s investment in our infrastructure: facilities, grounds, technology and other assets
- Increase financial stability by reaching 8% fund balance per policy**
*Based on professional salary study (Hank Harris, Principal, Human Capital Enterprises / March 2015) **Undesignated/unreserved fund balance (Currently 4.2%)
MSD No. 25, Board of Directors, November 28, 2016
The Executive Budget Summary is a narrative overview of the F195, outlining the budget goals and assumptions.
Questions about the district's budget, budget process, or finance and operations, may be directed to Mike Sullivan at 360-965-0094 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Facilities Plan (2016-2021)
Student Enrollment Data
The Marysville School District tracks and reports student enrollment on all schools on a monthly basis on the first student day of the month during the months of September through June.
Enrollment is then reported to OSPI monthly. Enrollment is recorded two ways; headcount and FTE (Full Time Equivalent).
If you have any questions regarding enrollment, please contact Peggy King at 360-965-0094.