(Marysville, WA) – Close to half of Marysville’s public school students are risk of not having basic supplies for the 2018-2019 school year, simply because their families cannot afford it. Through August 10, community members are invited to participate in the Stuff the Bus campaign and donate school supplies that will help set these students up for success.
School supplies can be dropped off in the red barrels at select locations throughout Marysville, including any City of Marysville building. Financial donations can also be made online at www.bit.ly/SchoolSuppliesDonation. Supplies collected during the campaign will be distributed in August to more than 600 Marysville students. The Salvation Army, Marysville Community Food Bank and additional local partners are sponsoring the campaign, which kicked off earlier this month.
“Every single donation will have an impact on a child’s life,” said Major Butch Soriano of the Salvation Army. “It truly does take a village to make sure these children succeed. We are thrilled to already see a wonderful outpouring of support from people all over this community.”
Community members can drop off school supplies at any of the following locations:
- The Salvation Army | 7227 44th Ave NE
- Any City of Marysville Building: 1049 State Ave | 6915 Armar Rd | 514 Delta Ave
- Marysville Community Food Bank: 4150 88th St NE
- Marysville Fire District: 1094 Cedar Ave
- Coastal Community Bank: 319 State Ave, #105
- Proaction Physical Therapy: 6618 64th St NE, Suite D
- HomeStreet Bank: 1238 State Ave
- Marysville School District: 4220 80th St NE
- Heritage Bank: 1031 State Ave
- Creo Dentistry: 4825 Grove St
- McCann Family Chiropractic: 11605 State Ave
- Marysville Library: 6120 Grove St
- 3rd Street Books: 1615 3rd St
- Wander Coffee Bar: 1514 3rd St
- Planet Fitness: 1346 State Ave
- The Living Room Coffee House: 1636 4th St
- The Greater Marysville-Tulalip Chamber of Commerce: 8825 34th Ave NE C
- Marysville United Methodist Church: 5600 64th St NE
If you would like to volunteer with Stuff the Bus, visit www.bit.ly/STB2018Volunteers or call 360-926-2228.
Learn more at www.msd25.org/stuff-the...