The Marysville School District is working closely with the Snohomish Health District to stay informed of the most current information and recommendations regarding the coronavirus.
The health and safety of people in Snohomish County is the Snohomish Health District’s priority. The Health Department works in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in rapid response to Coronavirus.
To minimize the risk of spread, the Snohomish Health District coordinates closely with healthcare providers to quickly evaluate and identify suspected cases. Current risk to the general United States public remains low as of today. At this time, there are a small number of cases in the U.S. The CDC does not believe “transient contacts” such as passing by someone in the grocery store or standing near them at the gas station, are likely exposures. Since the virus is not widely spread in the U..S, there are no additional precautions recommended for the general public.
Steps you can take to prevent the spread of coronavirus are the standard illness prevention steps.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with warm water and soap. Think you’ve washed them enough? Wash again. If water not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces. Follow instructions on the product label for disinfectants, and check that the product is registered with the EPA.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve and then wash your hands
- Stay home if sick, keep sick children home and avoid close contact with others.
- If you do visit a clinic and have any respiratory symptoms, wear a mask. Most medical facilities provide these masks near the entrance or at the front counter.
Updates are accessible through Snohomish Health District website at www.snohd.org/ncov2019
If any you have any questions feel free to contact the District Nurse for your school.
Health Services District Nurses
Julie Goble, RN
Lisa Huggins, RN
Mary Nyblod, RN
Nicole Shaw, RN
Kerrie Vespaziani, RN
Fact Sheet - click on LINK to view. The fact sheet is also available on the Health Services website and is posted in English and