Hello Marysville School District Students and Families!
Can you believe it? It is almost time to come back to school. We are very excited to welcome students and families to the new school year. Staff have been preparing for your return all summer! Whether through professional development classes, summer school, facility improvements, or maintenance and grounds work, everyone has been working hard to be ready.
We have lots of important information to share with you! Please read completely so you can be informed and prepared for the start of school. Links to documents or resources are provided throughout:
What you need to know today:
- School supply lists are provided on the District website. Click HERE. There is still time to apply for assistance with school supplies. Click HERE.
- Access to clothing is available through Operation School Bell by making a request through your school's counselor or nurse after offices open. For clothing prior to the start of school, KLOZ4KIDS and Clothes for Kids can provide assistance now.
- School offices open on August 20 and our friendly office managers and assistants are eager to welcome students and families to offer assistance with questions, enrollment, and more.
- Free and Reduced meal forms will arrive in your mailbox with a packet of information in the next day or two. This packet includes important information including a Welcome Back letter from Superintendent Jason Thompson.
- Open Houses for all elementary schools are scheduled on Wednesday, August 28, from 5:30 - 7:30 pm, and all middle schools from 4:30 - 6:30 pm. High Schools have other planned activities prior to the start of school. Watch/listen for important information from your child's school through their websites, social media posts or phone calls.
What you need to know between now and August 31:
- The 2019 - 2020 Calendar and Bell Schedule are published on the District and each school's website. They are also linked here for your convenience: 2019 - 2020 Calendar | Bell Schedule
- Important: First day(s) of school schedules:
- The first day of school for grades 1-5, grade 6 and grade 9 is Wednesday, September 4.
- The first day of school for grades 7, 8 and 10, 11, 12 is Thursday, September 5*.
- The first day of school for Kindergarten is Monday, September 9.
- The first day of school for Preschool is Monday, September 16.
*The delayed start does not include Legacy High School, Tulalip Heritage High School, or 10th Street Middle School. These schools have other planned activities and will communicate with students and families in the coming days. Watch/listen for important information from your child's school through their websites, social media posts or phone calls.
The delayed start for all other middle and high schools is for the purpose of relationship building activities through WEB (We All Belong) for middle schools and LINK Crew at high schools.
- Bus Schedules will be posted later next week on the District website, all schools' websites and published through all social media channels.
- Connect with Us through visiting our District and school websites: www.msd25.org and through social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Besides WEB and LINK at our middle and high schools this year, watch for important information in the coming days about new discipline law changes and what it means for students and families and a new communication tool called Let's Talk that will allow our students, parents, guardians, and staff to contact us with questions, comments, concerns, or compliments 24/7. Stay tuned for more information on these important topic.
We are here to help you in any way we can. Feel free to contact us. Below are some key contacts should you need assistance prior to the start of school and beyond. As a reminder, schools reopen on August 20.
|Educational Services Center
(For all District Departments)
|Child Nutrition Services|
Please enjoy the remaining days of summer!
Director of Engagement and Outreach